Wednesday, January 20, 2010

16 weeks

The girls are 16 weeks today. Time flies! We got new diapers today and they are now wearing a size 2 (12-18 pounds). Our 4 month appointment isn't until February 2nd and I can't wait to see what their percentages are. I have a feeling they've increased drastically again. Here's what's been going on:

Kate:
Can roll over on her tummy and can push herself up to 90 degrees.She still hates being on her tummy though.
Weighs about 13 pounds now
Is talking like crazy
Is really starting to tell the difference between different faces and voices. She loves to hear new voices talk to her.
Is eating about 30 ounces on average daily.
Is NOT sleeping very well at night. She has gone back to wanting to eat twice in the middle of the night and mommy is NOT happy about that. I think she just wants to eat...can't blame her!
Is no longer being swaddled. We put her in a halo sleep sack and she's done very well with the transition.

Lily:
Can roll over on her tummy but can't push herself up as much. She is why we stopped swaddling because she would roll over at night and her arms would be trapped so she couldn't get back over on her back. Scary.
Weighs about 12.5 pounds now
Is also talking like crazy
Eats about 27 ounces a day
Is also NOT sleeping very well. She also wants to get up and eat twice in the night. I think it's more to hang out and visit versus Kate who truly wants to eat. Lily just wants to talk.

So there's where we're at. I would love to post some current pictures but I lost my camera in New Orleans and haven't been able to take any. It's killing me. My birthday is coming up so hopefully I'll get a new camera soon! And no, I didn't lose my camera on Bourbon Street if that's what you're thinking. It fell out of my bag in the terminal when we were catching our 6:40 am flight. I'm not that irresponsible!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures Catherine took - I want to put a caption under the bumpo pictures - Kate is saying "get me off this horse" and Lily is saying "what a ride"! Of course Kate was tired from all her rolling over and pushing up, while all Lily did was lay there and play with her toys!, Ha! They are just so beautiful! I'm sorry you didn't find your camera, but I love your attitude - just move on! Love you, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete