Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fabulous Birthday Weekend!

We went to Shreveport Saturday afternoon to celebrate my birthday (and so we would have babysitters!) We dropped the girls off and checked into the Hilton downtown which is probably the nicest hotel in Shreveport. I was impressed! Because Devin travels so much, they upgraded us to a suite. We went to a wine bar and had a drink and an appetizer then headed to Chianti for dinner. It was SO good! The next morning I woke up at 4:30 am and realized that I didn't have to get up to feed the girls, so immediately went back to bed (after feeling sorry for my parents because I knew they were up feeding the girls). We finally got up at 7 am, because we can't sleep in anymore, and headed downstairs for breakfast. And after we ate Devin went and worked out while I took a 2 hour nap. So awesome! Next, I went to get a massage that was my birthday present from Jeff and Jenny and it was incredible. Such a great gift for a new mom! After that we hung out with my parents and watched the Super Bowl. Dad grilled ribs and steak and we had an ice cream cake for my birthday cake. My absolute fave. We left after the girls finished their last bottle so they would be asleep while we drove home. It was such a nice weekend and  I'm so glad I got to spend my birthday with my family.

 
  
Kate

 
Lily
  
Kate and Lily

 
This picture cracks me up! Lily likes to kick her leg up and this is right before it hit Kate in the eye. They both look so serious.

 
Kate and Lily holding hands. And no I didn't stage this.

3 comments:

  1. so glad you were able to go! that picture of lily's foot in kate's face...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed your massage; sounds like a pretty good weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday, Kelly!!! Your girls are so cute and getting so big. I can't believe how fast time flys by. Glad y'all are doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete