Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tomorrow our family doubles

We had our last doctor's appointment yesterday and everything is still going really well. Kate weighed in at 5 pounds 13 oz and Lily weighed in at 6 pounds 12 oz. They're about a pound apart which the doctor said is pretty normal at this point. Also, Kate's head has always been hard to measure because of how she's positioned so she might actually be bigger. Either way they've gotten to be big babies! Tomorrow we head into Labor and Delivery at Baylor Dallas at 6 am to be induced. They'll hook me up to an IV and start a Pitocin drip that should get the labor started. The doctor will more than likely end up breaking Kate's water bag and she'll be coming out first making her the oldest. Lily should come out about 30 minutes later. My doctor is hoping to have both girls delivered by 5pm but it could very well take longer. It's going to be a very long day! After 38 weeks, the last 8 of them at home, we can't wait to meet these girls and I have no idea how I'm supposed to sleep tonight! Now I'm off to make sure everything is packed and ready to go for tomorrow. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow. We'll keep everyone posted on Kate and Lily's arrival!

2 comments:

  1. oh I'm so excited!!!! I can't wait to meet Kate and Lily. I'll be praying for you, Devin, and the babies tomorrrow and I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is going to be such a great day!!I am so upset we won't be there until Friday, but I will definitely be thinking of all of you ALL day!

    ReplyDelete