Monday, March 8, 2010

HUGE success!

This morning I went to a bible study with my neighbor that focuses on how to be a better mother and wife. Thinking I could always use some tips there, right?! When she asked me if I would want to go (they meet once a month) I immediately said sure. Then I started thinking about putting the girls in the nursery and my anxiety sunk in. The girls haven't been in the nursery or daycare before since they were born in flu season. (Plan on having your baby in the spring or summer- much healthier time of year!) And with all the swine flu craze, we've been extremely careful about keeping them in doors when they were newborns and not going to church because we didn't want to put them in the nursery. Though I'm glad that we had the option to keep them at home, they still managed to get sick in December with RSV, from family nonetheless. Guess you can't completely shield your child, or children in our case from everything. That's the thing- when one gets sick, the other is going to get it as well. Anyways, back to my reason for this post: I dropped the girls off at the nursery door. You can't actually go into the nursery for insurance purposes, or because crazy moms probably go in there and won't let go! I thought the hard part would be them crying but I actually got pretty sad leaving them. Keep in mind it was only for 2 hours! They gave me a pager to use and if they cry more than 15 minutes, you have to come back and get your baby (or babies!!). I came back to get them after the class..more like sprinted to the door. The girls were doing so well and the nursery workers said they barely cried. They asked me to bring them back soon because they were so cute and sweet. I'm thinking..sure, how about any night this week so my husband and I can go have pizza and wine!!

When we left the nursery manager came up and let me know that she's a twin and our girls will always have a best friend for life. She said she still talks to her sister, her best friend, every single day. How special is that!

2 comments:

  1. You just had my kind of day. Sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's SO great :)) i'm so happy for you and the girls. i've witnessed their stranger anxiety and it's sad :( YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete