Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Five months (or 24 weeks!)

I never did a 5 month post, so here it is!

At 5 months Kate and Lily are very aware of one another. It's been so fun to watch them figure out that there's another little person playing next to them. At this point what they love most about having each other is being able to borrow each others hands, legs and even toes to suck on. They've started to teethe now and basically anything is fair game. They are both sleeping through the night. Hallelujah and thank you to Mr. Ferber!

Kate:
-Is starting to crawl backwards. We're thinking she'll be crawling any day now!
-LOVES to grab my nose...and it hurts.
-Is drinking 6 ounces of formula 5 times a day, so 30 ounces.
-Sometimes bullies her little sister. She's starting to take Lily's toys....uh-oh!
-Sleeps like a teenager. I have to wake you at up 7:00 am every morning!
-Weighs 15.5 pounds.

Lily:
-Is getting really good at pushing herself up. She can "scoot" backwards.
-Is also really handsy and grabs my nose, eyes and lips. I have to cut their nails every other day now!
-Is also drinking 6 ounces of formula 5 times a day, 30 ounces.
-Really doesn't enjoy going to sleep. She really fights it and will wake up after a 15 minute nap wanting to play. I have to let her cry in her crib for awhile and put herself back to sleep. She's my alarm clock and always the first one up in the house.
-Weighs 15 pounds.

We're going to start rice cereal in a few weeks and I'm very excited about feeding them their first solids. You can start between 4 and 6 months and we've decided (with the recommendation of our pediatrician) to wait until 6 months because they're doing just fine gaining weight! Check out these new pictures. Do they really have 3 rolls on their little legs??? LOVE IT!



Kate

Lily
 Kate..look how big she is in the chair!
 Lily asleep with her doll
 Kate and Lily both smiling....go me for getting a picture with two smiles at the same time!
 Lily over taking pictures...check out that sweet thigh!
Kate eating Lily's hand.

4 comments:

  1. ok, towards the end, they are starting to look like there might be a stranger in the room! AHH! SO precious. need to come see them again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly...they are seriously Gerber babies! So beautiful. I need to meet them before they are all grown up (but after they outgrow that stranger anxiety!) Hope all is well! lp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly they're getting more gorgeous every day!! They are truly the most beautiful babies I've ever seen :) I'm sad we didn't get to see them yesterday. I need to come see them soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the one of Lily sprawled out on the chair, legs in the air while Kate sucks on her hand! Too funny

    ReplyDelete