Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What could I possibly be thankful for this year????

We have so much to be thankful for this year but these two girls top the list.

 
I found out the day before my 27th birthday that I was pregnant. Happy Birthday to me! A week later we found out we would not only be having one baby, but two. The pregnancy went very well. Full term for twins is 37 weeks and we made it to 38. Both girls were born healthy and strong, which is more than we could have ever hoped and prayed for. And things didn't go too bad for me either. I've always wanted children but have been deathly afraid of child birth. So much in fact that I skipped the child birth classes because I thought if I had to watch the videos, I would go through with it! Everything went so smoothly and I would do it all again in a heart beat. No plans for that anytime soon though...I think we have our hands full right now! Having twins has been very hard but Devin and I are very lucky to have such an amazing family. Kate and Lily don't know it yet but they are two of the luckiest girls in the world. They have two sets of wonderful grandparents (Gigi and Papa and Ganz and Pam-paw) as well as two sets of wonderful Aunts and Uncles (Aunt Jenny and Uncle Jeff and Aunt Melissa and Uncle Chris). They also have two cousins right here in Dallas that they'll be incredibly close with (Grayson and Sloane). They stopped by and visited us this afternoon.

We're headed to Shreveport tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with my family but we'll miss our family in Dallas. We love you very much!

Lastly, I'm thankful for my wonderful husband. Kate and Lily have a wonderful Daddy who loves them very much. I'm so proud of what a hard worker he is and so very thankful that I'm able to stay home with our girls everyday and watch them grow. Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment