Thursday, November 19, 2009

We're in Shreveport!

We've been here all week but this is the first chance I've had to blog. Devin has been traveling all week for work so I came over here to get some extra help. After the girls had their 4 am feeding Sunday morning, we jumped in the already packed car and headed to Shreveport. Our thoughts being that since the girls eat every 3 hours (and get incredibily angry if you keep them waiting) they would sleep longer after that feeding and I would make better time getting here with no traffic. I made it here in 2 1/2 hours...it was just me and the truckers on the road. I actually woke my parents up at 7:30 when I got here! It's been a great week and I've gotten TONS of help. As a matter of fact my parents have woken up and done the middle of the night feedings and let me sleep the last two nights. How great is that? Since they seem to have it down, I might just leave him here for a few days and come back for them at Thanksgiving. (Kidding Mom)

Here are a few updates on the girls...We went and visited Gigi (my mom) at her office yesterday and got weights. They have a really accurate scale they use for their shipments. One of us had to get on the scale and weigh first. Then we held a baby and weighed and subtracted the difference. My mom seriously didn't want to weigh herself and tried to make me do it. Not fair when I'm still carrying some extra pregnancy weight. Let's just say I won that battle.

Here's what's going on with the girls at 7 weeks:

Kate Elizabeth:
Weighs 10.5 pounds!
Has moved into a size 1 diaper from the newborn diaper
Can now wear all of her 0-3 month clothes
Is starting to recognize faces and voices
Keeps trying to roll over..she has very strong legs and can prop herself up on her side
Has just discovered her tongue and likes to stick it out and make silly faces

Lily Elise:
Weighs 9.5 pounds!
Still wearing a newborn diaper
Can also wear all of her 0-3 month clothes
Can also recognize faces and voices
Blows little spit bubbles that are super cute (and messy!)

Oh, and about me...I'm officially addicted to caffeine again. I didn't drink a drop while I was pregnant..not a drop. Unfortunately I'm a coffee snob and love Starbucks, which is an expensive habit. If you're looking for a great gift for a mom-to-be or new mom, get them a Starbucks gift card (wink, wink!) Also, I tried the eggnog latte the other day which was great. Just don't ask them to make it with soy. It's made with eggnog. Duh. Anyone else feel like it's officially the holidays when Starbucks starts using their holiday cups. Love that.

We head back to Dallas tomorrow and I'll post some new pictures sometime this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me sad that I haven't seen Kate and Lily since week 1! They are growing so fast... I can't wait to see how much they have grown by Christmas. Love yall!!

    ReplyDelete