Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy 2nd Halloween and 13 months!

Kate and Lily are another month old. Last year they were one month on their first Halloween. They were so tiny!

This year they are 13 months and ALL over the place. Kate is doing so well walking and Lily has been walking for over a month now. I can't believe how fast they are. They both love being outside and they also really enjoy taking baths now. We're currently working on no standing in the tub. I'm pretty sure they understand what I'm saying but are choosing to ignore me. We're having a little bit of a struggle weaning them from their bottles. They have been using a sippy cup since they were about 7 months old but have never really taken to it. I guess in part because I haven't forced the issue. Lily has been sick this week but I'm going to pack up the bottles next week and try going cold turkey. I already feel weak! Kate has drank all her milk from a cup twice now and Lily just throws her cup at me. It's hard because I can't give Kate a cup and Lily a bottle because Kate would prefer the bottle and gets upset. I got some advice from another mother of twins and she was able to make the switch by going cold turkey in a week. Wish me luck. It could be a very long week!

We are also starting to have lap babies on our hands, especially Lily. I secretly love it but it does become a problem when I can't get up to do anything because they want me on the floor holding them. As for food, the girls are really good eaters. They love sweet potato fries, salmon stix, chicken nuggets, cottage cheese green beans, apple sauce, strawberries, tomatoes, yogurt, cheerios and we just tried butternut squash last night and it was a hit. I've started letting them play around with spoons at dinner. It gets very messy so luckily bath time is next. As for sizes, both girls are currently wearing size 12M and some 18M, depending on the brand. They're in size 3 diapers and size 6-12M shoes. Here's another picture of Kate doing her hair. She brushes and then tries to put her bow in. Cracks me up!


 This age is so much fun and I seriously can't wait to see what the next few months bring. Can you imagine having two little talking girls. I have a feeling things are about to get crazy around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment