Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kate and Lily are 8 months!

The girls are getting so old and very big! I would say both weigh about 18 pounds. They are getting so hard to carry around and their long legs are hanging off their carriers. I ordered new car seats today and went with the Britax Marathon. They're much bigger than the car seats I'm using now so I hope they both fit in my back seat. I also had to get a new stroller since we won't be using the snap and go anymore and the Bob is too hard to use to run errands. I'm not sure it could even fit it through most doorways!

The girls have been trying all sorts of new food: carrots, yogurt, green beans, cottage cheese, peaches and a whole wheat bagel! The bagel is pretty random but they loved it and I'm pretty sure Kate wanted to sleep with hers. I'm still making all their food, at least the food I can make and I'm still enjoying it.

Lily is crawling everywhere and she is super fast. She has started pulling up on things and can even manage to crawl on top of things. She is losing her chubby thighs and I think it's because she's constantly moving. She also started babbling more and loves to say ga-ga over and over again. She's even said da-da a few times which makes Devin very happy. She officially has her two bottom teeth now.
Lily with a pink face after our walk. It's so hot outside!

Kate is determined to crawl her own special way. She scoots around the house and it's actually pretty nice because she's not nearly as fast as Lily! I'm thinking she'll go from her scoot straight to walking. She's started pulling up on things as well but can't stand as well as Lily. She's just as strong (if not stronger!) but she just doesn't want to right now. She got her first tooth a few days ago and is such a happier baby now. Side note- I am not a fan of teething.


 Kate playing airplane with Devin. She constantly has her hand in her mouth because her poor teeth hurt so bad.

 Lily standing up. She loves to use us to balance.


Both girls are still very busy and very happy (when they're not teething.) They're still sleeping 7p-7a, or usually around 6:45a which we're very thankful for. They take naps from 8:30a-10a, 12p-12:30p and 2p-3:30p. I'm thinking over the next month we'll try pushing their morning nap to 9a and cutting out the 12p. We're also going to start eating more finger foods this month which will be fun and extremely messy! The girls still have their bright blue eyes and are getting much more hair. It still looks like it will be light brown and I cannot wait for all the bows we'll be wearing in the near future. This has been such a fun month and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

Here's the 8 month picture!

1 comment:

  1. this post makes me smile, but also so sad b/c i realize how long it's been since i've seen you girl's. :(( SOON!

    ReplyDelete