Friday, November 12, 2010

What's been going on.....

I haven't blogged in forever and we've actually had a lot going on.

1. I was a soccer mom for Halloween and made myself a pretty cute shirt if I do say so myself. Devin and I went to an engagement/costume party for our friends Laura and Alex and we had so much fun.

2. Kate and Lily got hand foot and mouth at Mothher's Day out a few weeks ago and we're just now recovering. While getting the girls checked out, our Pediatrician examined Lily's ear and we found out she had an ear infection as well. We have had some very, very rough days/nights the last few weeks but are now fully recovered (I think!).

3. I got a sewing machine and just ordered my very first pattern. It's for a peasant dress and I'm going to attempt to create one this weekend. I got the pattern here and as you can see there are tons of other things I want to sew. Really hoping I've found some sort of calling here!

4. Devin got me a very special anniversary gift that really surprised me. It's this bracelet from David Yurman and he had a very sweet story to go along with it about how one part was Kate, one was Lily, and one was him, and I'm the part that holds everything together. Not sure if that makes sense to you, but it made perfect sense to me and was so special.
5. I have already started my Christmas shopping and am almost through AND haven't stepped one foot in the mall. Yay!

6. I'm so excited to see my family at Thanksgiving. We'll be in Memphis this year at my brother Jeff and Jenny's. Can't wait to eat some amazing food!

7. And last but not least, Happy Birthday Catherine Traylor!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. 1. dork! :)
    2. glad they are feeling better, sad :(
    3. good luck! pics of the pattern when finished please :)
    4. makes perfect sense, and that's very thoughtful. nice one!
    5. hate you for this!
    6. we will all be in dallas. brunch at our house the day after, yikes!
    7. THANKS :)) it was a great bday in AR!!

    ReplyDelete