Thursday, July 8, 2010

9 months and hair bows

The girls are 9 months as of June 30th. This post is a little late but we've been sick over here and we're just now getting over it. We're really starting to show our little personalities over the last month and we've had lots of changes. Most importantly we are now able to wear bows in our hair! This is a huge milestone for Kate and Lily and we're looking forward to not getting mistaken for boys anymore. Side note- if the baby is wearing pink it's safe to assume that baby is a girl.


Kate has been such a happier baby and her top teeth don't seem to be bothering her as much as the bottom ones as they're coming in. She has three teeth total, two bottom and one top. It's crazy how the top teeth make her look so grown up. Kate is a good eater and is really starting to be able to feed herself her finger foods. Sometimes I think she finished everything on her tray but then I take her out of the high chair, she's literally sitting on 20 cheerios. She's getting it though and it will be so much easier on me when she can feed herself. Kate has officially given up her "special crawl" and is crawling around everywhere. I think one day she just got it and she hasn't gone back. She's starting to become very vocal and crawls up to me and makes all kinds of noises until I pick her up. She's doing so well standing and pulling herself up but has trouble getting down. If I hear her crying and I'm in the other room, it's safe to say she's standing at a chair and needs help down. Poor thing!

Miss Lily has 4 teeth, two bottom and two top. She also has a 5th coming in. So happy that they all decided to come in at the same time (insert sarcasm). She's my bossy little girl and is really starting to know what she wants, and most importantly what she doesn't want. She prefers for me to feed her and will scream until I put the next bite in her mouth. Maybe that's why Kate is feeding herself better? She doesn't want to have to wait on Lily! There are several things Lily does not like including putting a bib on, not being able to drink out of your cup and getting her nose/face wiped after she eats. She absolutely hates that and will start flailing and has even hit me in the face a time or two. What?? Who knew a 9 month old could hit so hard. Honestly I try not to laugh because it gets pretty funny and I can tell she's going to be my strong willed girl. She's also got such a great sense of humor and has started to really enjoy music. She's my little dancer. We took the girls out to dinner at a mexican restaurant and Lily loved the music- so much that she hit her head on the table while dancing. Wonder where she gets her dance moves?


Both girls are standing very well and I'm guessing they could very well be walking in the next couple of months..scary. Lily has even started moving from furniture to furniture. She seriously has no fear. As for food, we're really starting to try more and more things. We've even started eating chicken. I'm really looking forward to us all being able to eat together, especially now that we can make it out to restaurants.
And this is the best picture I could get of the girls. It is SO hard to keep them sitting down and you can pretty much bet that they will always have their hands in their mouth because of their new teeth. So there it is, 9 months. Can you believe they're getting close to a year????

4 comments:

  1. they are growing up so fast. it's so bittersweet! i love that they are developing such unique personalities...now let's just hope kate doesn't start with lily's attitude...ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so so cute in their bows!! And you look tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Loved this post! I can't believe how fast they're growing! Have you noticed if Lily prefers doorways for exhibiting her sweet dance moves? :)

    ReplyDelete