Monday, May 17, 2010

The chicken pox

Last Wednesday afternoon I noticed Lily had a few spots on her back. I thought she was having an allergic reaction to a new food I was feeding her. They started to spread so I took her to the doctor Friday- she has the chicken pox! Somehow Kate has managed to be clear of them but we're pretty confident that spots will be popping up any day (any minute) now. Most kids don't even get chicken pox anymore because they have a vaccine for them now but you can't get it until 12 months. So far Lily is still her happy self and they don't seem to be bothering her too much, except for the occasional itch behind her ears.

Since it's so contagious we had to stay home all weekend. We went out and got a baby pool and spent a lot of time outside yesterday. It was a wonderful day and the girls had a lot of fun. I bought a cheap baby pool that is a piece of junk so if anyone reading this has any recommendations for a good pool, let me know!

Lily and Kate playing in their new bath tub
 Playing with Daddy
The girls in their pool- Kate sticking her tongue out

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love the chicken pox!!!! :)
    Love you and the girlies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a pool in the front yard, love it! They are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! chicken pox! I'm glad to hear they're taking it in stride :) Those girls are troopers! And will you please tell them to stop growing!! They're getting so BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, they are growing growing! i love the picture of them on the sofa w/ their daddy, crawling all over him. so cute :) can't wait to see them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so as far as pools go, they are all pieces of crap. I have decided that I like the cheap hard plastic blue ones because they are easy to fill up and easy to clean. The added bonus is that you just throw it away at the end of the summer and get a new one next year!

    I am coming to Dallas on June 18th. I hope you are around so I can finally meet your precious girls!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete